At West Pelton Primary School, our curriculum statement sets out the principles underpinning the curriculum and reflects the school’s commitment to developing all aspects of our children’s lives.
At West Pelton Primary School we aim:
- to provide high quality teaching and deliver a broad, balanced curriculum
- to provide a challenging and stimulating learning environment
- to foster a love of learning, nurturing a work ethic for each child
- to foster positive attitudes, respect and sound moral judgement
- to fully develop each child’s academic potential and ensure good basic skills
- to engender good self esteem amongst our children
- to maintain a caring, family ethos.
These are the aims of how we want to work alongside our children and underpin all of the learning that takes place in our school.
Our Intent, Implementation and Impact of Curriculum for September 2019 can be found here.
You can view or download our Curriculum Overview for each subject (or area) by clicking the links below:
- Curriculum plan Art and Design
- Curriculum plan Computing
- Curriculum plan Design and Technology
- Curriculum plan English
- Curriculum plan French
- Curriculum plan Geography
- Curriculum plan History
- Curriculum planning Maths
- Curriculum plan PSHE
- Curriculum plan PE
- Curriculum plan Religious Education
- Curriculum plan Science
- SRE intent
We use the specialist advice, support and teaching from Durham Music Service to deliver Music in our school. The children in Key Stage 2 learn to play a variety of instruments. The Primary Music Progression Map can be viewed below:-
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At West Pelton Primary School, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.