At West Pelton Primary School, we have experience of supporting children and young people with a wide range of need including:
Our school currently provides additional and/or different provision for a range of needs, including:
- Communication and interaction, for example, autistic spectrum disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, speech and language difficulties
- Cognition and learning, for example, specific learning difficulties (reading, writing and memory)
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties, for example, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD),
- Sensory and/or physical needs, for example, visual impairments, hearing impairments, processing difficulties, epilepsy
- Moderate/severe/profound and multiple learning difficulties
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census.